Monday 13 October 2008

First two craft fairs

I had my second craft fair on Saturday there, which I feel in order to tell you about it I should talk about my first fair also.

My first fair was about 6 weeks ago in August and was held in Clarkston. I was intending to use this fair as a learning tool, e.g how to set up my table correctly, meeting other members of the association and in general to know how my things are received.

Well all I can say is that it is good that I went in with that optimistic view as it was a complete washout. We thought it might be fairly busy as the Farmers market was on that day also and hoped that would send the people in but it didnt have as much an affect as that. There were people coming in, but not a great deal. We should one thing at a £1. Oh well.

The upside was that the woman who was across from us was exceptionally helpful. She gave me a lot of tips for the table but also an idea for something I hadnt thought of. She suggested putting bubble wrap in one of the bags to let people see the size of it, which I was astounded I hadnt thought of before because it will make photographing my bags a ton easier. Here are the pictures from the first day:

Photobucket
Photobucket

The second fair was held in Hamilton. I was hoping for a slightly better turnout as the centre it was being held in is at the top of a fairly busy shopping precinct but it was a bit set back from the road. It was certainly busier this time than it was in Clarkston and I at least covered my table with 2 sales. I would probably be quite disheartened but at the same time I think it wont get any better if I dont try to help out.

Ive suggested some venues to the committee for them to look into for next year. The more I think about one of the venues the more I think it could work out well, at least for exposure. Will need to think some more.

As usual I took some pics of my table which I thought looked a ton better this time, thanks to Jacqueline for all the tips (and the people over at Crafteroo!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Kat xx

No comments: